The Keurig® K-Elite® Single Serve Coffee Maker is an incredibly versatile programmable coffee maker ideal for any home looking for a simple long term solution to all their coffee drinking needs.
Within the lineup of single-serve coffee makers that Keurig offers, the K-Elite is on the expensive side but also has a wide range of features from its iced coffee option to its hot water button to the 5-cup sizes you can choose from.
If you’re on the market for a new coffee maker and not sure what to consider before making your decision, read this quick guide and get a good idea of exactly what the Keurig K-Elite Single Serve Coffee Maker offers, from is build to its ease of use.
(read till the end to see who this coffee maker is NOT best suited for)
|Please note that we may earn a small commission from that any purchases made through links on this page at no additional cost to you.|
The Keurig K-Elite Coffee maker has tons of features and is probably one of the most feature-packed units made by Keurig.
All of its features make it an excellent buy for someone looking for a simple, easy to use coffee maker that gives its users a high level of control without sacrificing on quality.
- Brew Temperature Control: Being able to control the brew temperature of your single cup coffee brewer is great. You have the chance to play with different pods and temperature combos between 187° and 192°.
- Programmable: With auto-on and auto-off features, you can have your coffee as soon as you wake up in the morning and save energy by having it switch off as soon as you’re done.
- Iced Option: The K-Elite features an iced coffee button which allows you to make refreshing, full-bodied iced coffee.
- Strong Brew Option: A strong brew option allows anyone to make coffee with bolder taste.
- 5 Different Cup Sizes: This coffee maker allows you to brew in a range of sizes. You can choose between 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12oz sizes which are great for homes with many coffee drinkers.
- Compatible with many K-Cups: The K-Elite is compatible with any K-Cup pods giving you the option to brew with literally hundreds of different coffees.
- Speed: Like many other single-serve K-Cup coffee makers, the K-Elite can brew your coffee in less than a minute.
- Hot water button: If you’re looking to make tea or would just like to heat up water real quick, the K-Elite has a hot water feature.
- Quiet Brew Technology: Brew your coffee silently when the coffee maker is in use. Best for those early mornings where you’re trying not to wake anyone in the house
- Removable Drip Tray: The removable drip tray makes cleaning and maintenance an easy and seamless process.
- Water Reservoir: The K-Elite has a large 75oz water reservoir which is easily removable for cleaning.
Appearance and Build
The K-Elite Coffee maker is a relatively compact coffee maker that fits well into most kitchen. Its dimensions are 13.1” High x 9.9” Wide x 12.7” Deep, while it weighs 8.0 lbs. This can fit snugly into any standard kitchen countertop.
The unit is built with a combination of plastic and metal details and has a very modern design. It comes in three different colorways: brushed gold, brushed slate, and brushed silver giving you the option to find the perfect home coffee maker that would fit well into your existing kitchen style.
Overall, the Keurig K-Elite is also quite sturdy, similar to most of the coffee makers made by Keurig. The K-Elite stays true to the high quality that Keurig is known to bring with its most of it’s single-serve coffee products.
Ease of Use
The Keurig K-Elite Single Serve Coffee Maker is a very easy unit to use. Its many features are easily accessible through the simple buttons at the top of the unit.
There are two buttons allowing you to control the type of beverage(hot water and strong) and five different coffee size buttons with an iced coffee button as well. There are three additional buttons that allow you to program the auto-on/off features and the main on/off button.
The large water reservoir is easily removable making refills and cleanups effortless. While the removable drip tray creates extra space for those looking to fill a travel mug. As with most Keurig Single Serve Coffee Makers, adding and removing K-Cups is simple and straight forward and only involves raising a lever in the front of the unit which opens up a small space where you place the K-Cup.
Overall, this is a very easy to use coffee maker that takes all the fuss out of making your morning coffee while at the same time giving you a range of options that are wide enough to suit most simple coffee drinking needs.
At a price point of around $170, the Keurig K-Elite Single Serve Coffee Maker actually provides tons of value within a small and compact coffee maker. Compared to a few of the other Keurig Coffee Makers, the price is a bit high, but is a result of a couple of factors:
- The Keurig name comes at a price – While not entirely unjustified, Keurig Coffee makers are a little bit pricey because the company has built a strong name around their coffee makers. The company has existed since the 90s and is established in the mid to high-end coffee maker space.
- The coffee maker is durable – While the brand-name that Keurig has built up does come with a price tag, it also comes with a reputation of reliability and durability. Most Keurig Coffee makers are extremely durable and will almost definitely last years!
- Its versatility is a step above most other Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Makers, making it a great long-term option for those living in bigger households.
Don’t Buy This If
You’re on a tight budget – If you’re trying to keep the cost of your next coffee maker cheap, then the K-Elite may not be the best option. With other more affordable options like the K-Mini or the K-Classic on the market, you might be able to find something more affordable.
You’re looking to make high-end coffee – If you’re a coffee fanatic and looking to make life-changing specialty coffee, then roasted beans or coffee grounds are probably a better route than any Keurig K-Cup Coffee Maker. While some K-Cups are quite good in terms of quality, most don’t come anywhere near high end roasted coffee.
You’d like a full carafes of coffee – If you’re looking to fill carafes of coffee that you can quickly pur and sip throughout the day then the K-Elite maight not be the best option for you. Consider looking at the Keurig K-Duo or even a Bunn Coffee Maker.
If you’re on the market for a great single-serve coffee brewer but can’t find enough control and versatility in other coffee makers on the market, then the K-Elite may be the perfect option for you.
It offers a range of cup sizes, temperature control as well as iced coffee and simple removable components that make cleaning and maintenance easy. Anyone looking for a no-frills single cup coffee maker will find their perfect match with the K-Elite.
While it is on the pricey side, it is extremely reliable and durable. Keurig has built up its reputation as one of the top coffee machine makers and for good reason – its coffee makers are easy to use, convenient and last for years! Not to mention they look great too!
Subscribe for our Weekly Brew Newsletter! Sending you weekly updates on the latest coffee trends, beans and tools!